The Voice of the Arts in Johnson County
Today businesses are increasingly interested in a community’s arts and cultural profile as they consider opening or moving offices. It’s a critical component in our children’s education; encouraging an entrepreneurial spirit.
The Council has taken a leadership role in exploring arts policy and advocacy initiatives that will raise the Arts profile of both suburban Johnson County and the metropolitan Kansas City area.
Ensuring Johnson County remains a community of choice.
The Arts Council of Johnson County strongly advocates and supports the role the Arts play in the future development of the county and the surrounding region as well as in daily life.
A recognized source of expertise and information, The Council strives to share this knowledge through many resources and venues, such as:
- Bringing programs to the community. For instance, in the fall of 2012, The Council plans to roll out a series of round table convenings to engage in thought-provoking discussions.
- Recognizing and celebrating young artists and arts educators for their artistic achievements with college scholarships, awards and honorariums through the Shooting Stars program.
- Working side-by-side with policy makers and legislators to ensure the community’s voice is heard and well-represented.
- Staying current on arts-related legislative activity at the local, state and federal levels.
- Participating in many initiatives as a resource and as the voice for Johnson County.