Want to help advocate for the Arts?
There are many ways that you can get involved and support the Arts.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
Share your resources and/or time to support area Arts organizations
- Donate to the Arts Council of Johnson County to help support our work to advance the Arts in Johnson County and the greater Kansas City region.
- Contribute to local / regional / state nonprofit Arts organizations to advance their missions.
- Sponsor the Shooting Stars annual event that recognizing outstanding student artists in Johnson County.
Share your perspective on why the Arts matter:
- Write a letter to city, county or state legislators, sharing your views and experience of why the Arts matter.
- Write a letter to the editor of area newspapers sharing your opinion.
- Write a blog post (that we can post here) or you can share with family, friends, work colleagues, policy makers and the community at-large.
- Attend city council or county commission meetings, or statewide advocacy days at the state capitol, where Arts programs are being discussed and show your support for the Arts.
- Buy tickets and attend area performing arts, music, art exhibitions and other Arts events.
- Attend Arts and cultural festivals held in Johnson County.
- Attend smART Exchange meetings where a variety of Arts topics are discussed.
- Attend Arts events at Johnson County organizations such as the InnerUrban Art House and ….
- As an artist, participate in performing or visual Arts programs in Johnson County.
- Volunteer to assist at Arts programs or events.
- Join in programs at area schools, libraries and other community centers that promote and advance the Arts.