More Than the Arts
It’s Building a Creative Culture Together
Our creative community is more than just the arts – artists, musicians, writers, dancers and performers. Peel back the layers and you also find that traditional arts include art educators, art organizations, galleries and more.
Today the creative community has grown to embrace innovation, creativity and knowledge from all industries … intertwining the traditional arts with non-traditional creative industries … understanding that creativity comes in many different forms.
This intersection – the crossroads where the Arts and business innovation meet – has opened the doors to greater possibilities. Enabling our communities to draw from a broader, creative voice. Partnerships between business innovators and the Arts happen every day.
A CJC is building a creative culture and a sense of community … of belonging … in the Johnson County area. Bridging the gap from the suburban community to the larger Kansas City metropolitan area encourages:
- Connecting and networking with other artists, educators, business innovators within the community and beyond
- Finding personal and professional development opportunities
- Enriching our children’s education with learning activities that better prepare them for careers in the 21st Century
- Exploring – and discovering! – all the Arts venues in our community and beyond
- Supporting the Arts, educational institutions and business innovators through policy changes
Traditional Arts + Business Innovators
Architecture. Advertising & Marketing. Animal Health. Biotechnology.
Engineering. Entrepreneurs. Life Sciences. Technology. Website Designers.
Through the Arts we learn and enhance our:
- creativity and innovation
- critical thinking and problem solving